Amelia Gray

By December 16, 2012

Tonight I watched an interesting thriller-ish horror movie called The Pact. You can read a synopsis and reviews on IMDB to determine whether or not it’s your cup of tea, but what really caught my attention was the actress that played the female protagonist.Β  I’d seen Caity Lotz before in Mad Men, but it didn’t hit me until tonight that Caity is the Graveyard Queen!Β  The eyes, the freckles, the ‘quiet pretty’…

Does she look anything like your vision of Amelia Gray?

• Veronica Tran says:

Well, in this picture she does look like Amelia; however, when I look at her other pics, I’m not so sure.

To tell the truth, my vision of Amelia Gray is something like Taylor Swift in the video “Safe and Sound”. She looks so quiet, so lonely (and somehow… so fragile) when she was walking in the wood, esp. in the grave-sitting scene. At first I didn’t notice, but then I suddenly thought: “Hey, doesn’t she look like Amelia? And what about those graves? So Graveyard Queen! :D” I don’t particularly love that song, but the MV is my favorite – and just because of that “Graveyard Queen” air, really.

Oh, I can see it! I’d never watched that video before and, like you, the song is not particularly my cup of tea, but the scenery is eerie and beautiful and very ‘graveyard queen.’ Thanks for telling me about it!

• nancy heard says:

OMG YES!!!! caity is IT!!!!!!!!! i just couldn’t visualize amanda seyfried–i heard that somewhere–but this girl is IT!!!! πŸ˜€

When I saw her in that movie, The Pact, she just seemed very Amelia to me. Maybe a tad tougher–she drove a motorcycle–but quietly strong like Amelia. And freckles! πŸ™‚

• Ashlee says:

Is the the Lifetime movie “The Pact” based off of the book by Jodi Picoult? I haven’t seen the movie but I read the book and it was great. Just a suggestion for any of you guys who may wanna check it out!

• David says:

Hi,

I just started the dutch translation of the second book in the graveyardseries. I always imagine the women in my books as being brunettes…..just a personal taste I guess πŸ™‚

lol, well, Amelia does have dark blonde hair so she’s borderline brunette, I think. πŸ˜‰ I like when readers have their own vision of the characters. I do the same when I’m reading. πŸ™‚

• Christa says:

I agree with David, Amelia is a brunette :).

I am so sad, because I finished the third book of this trilogy and I fear that this may be the last thing we hear from Amelia and John Devlin. I’ve really grown very fond of the two of them!

• Karen says:

I pictured Amelia as a brunette too. But i can kinda see her as a blond. I just finished the series and I loved it!!! While reading, I could see Jeffrey Donavan as Devlin. Maybe its just the nice suits he wears on Burn Notice. And he usually seems dark and haunted.

I hadn’t thought of Jeffrey Donavan but I love him on Burn Notice. I love a lot of those USA Network shows. I see a little bit of Matt Bomer from White Collar in Devlin, particularly the hair. πŸ™‚

• Mandy says:

Weird, I always pictured Amelia as being a brunette weird. Other then that I think that Caity is the perfect Amelia!

• Devin says:

I always pictured Amelia to look like Candice Accola from the Vampire Diaries. πŸ™‚

• Chio says:

I admit I thought it’s conversely. Blond John and brunette Amelia. But now: Teresa Palmer or Amanda Schull as Amelia (Candice Accola is good but I think she is too, I don’t know how I say it, ‘attractive’). Louis Ferreira will be perfect guy to play Devlin (behavior) but he is too older than John. So, James Wolk as John. And other characters: Ali Faulkner as Temple, Monica Raymund as Camilla, Colin Egglesfield as Ethan Shaw, Jaime Ray Newman or Rachelle Lefevre as Dr. Sparks. Etta Gray and Rupert Shaw, I agree with you in this choice.

Wow, a blond John Devlin. Now that is interesting. For dark-haired Devlin, James Wolk could definitely work and Teresa Palmer is a great choice for Amelia.

• Carla says:

When I think of Devlin I picture Victor Webster. If you do not know who he is you can look him up on IMDB.

Just my suggestion.

• Carla says:

I think Victor Webster would be a perfect Devlin. I think Amelia should be a brunette too.

• Hilma says:

In the books it is said that Amelia has blond hair, but strangely I have pictured her as a brunette with curly hair. Other than that, the girl in the picture above IS Amelia. How weird! Hmm, guess we have to wait until the tv series to see …

• Carol Thomas says:

I think Troian Bellisario who plays Spencer in “Pretty Little Liars” would make a good Amelia. She’s compelling more than beautiful. She can do fragile and ethereal. I don’t think of Amelia as traditionally beautiful. If you cast a pretty blond girl,l her childhood, and how she is perceived in the world now is not going to make sense.

• Joamary says:

Hello Amanda I enjoyed every single book of yours can’t wait for the book the Vistior am now reading the Abondon so good love how you put a little more about the Order of the Claw and Amilia and Devlin even spoke about Camilie so interesting would love to read more of your books and once I heard of the TV series I love it even more once thought the books should be made into a series.I have heard in other websites that you thought about Josh Duhamel even tho I like both him and Matt Bomer as well. Whoever they pick I hope the Director stays true to your books and I know for sure everyone will enjoy thanks xoxo

Thank you so much! I’ve had a setback in my writing, but hopefully will be back on track soon. I’ll keep you posted!

Thank you so much! I still have my fingers crossed for the series and I’ll keep you posted on the latest news. The Visitor will be out some time next year. I’ve had a major setback this year, but I’m hoping to get back to my writing soon. Thanks for posting! So happy you’re enjoying the series.

• LΓ‘ra says:

Actually, she does look like my Amelia in almost every way.

• Jaime Lester says:

I think Emma stone could be the perfect Amelia. There is something strikingly beautiful about her but it’s not as outright as a lot of actresses. And there is a strength and vulnerability about her that makes me think of Amelia. I think she could do this amazing character the justice she deserves.