What Is That?

By February 2, 2013

whatisthat6No surprise, I love old graveyards.  My husband travels a lot for work so now and then, when he comes across an interesting cemetery, he’ll stop and take pictures for me.

Here is a photograph from an old graveyard in Texarkana, Texas, that he shot on his way back to Houston from Arkansas just after Christmas.  He doesn’t remember the name of the place, but I looked it up and, fittingly, I believe this photo is from Rose Hill Cemetery.

Notice the tiny form lurking beneath that large hanging branch and behind the wrought iron fence (to the far right in the first photo).  For obvious reasons, we’ve titled this one, “What is that?”

Click each image for larger view.

• Kay David says:

Well, that just about totally creeps me out. Next thing I know, he’ll be photographing some little hunched over lady…

• Jean says:

Was your husband alone at the cemetary? Could it have been someone walking about?

• Alaine says:

When is the fourth book coming out?

• Keri says:

Very creepy—almost looks maybe like a soldier from the civil war with that hat.

Remind me to find a picture of when I went to The Myrtles plantation..I caught something on film, and Wolf Camera said it wasn’t a double negative which I thought it was. 🙂

Keri

• Sara says:

To me it looks like an older, balding gentleman wearing sunglasses and a beige jacket with green sweater. Who just happens TO BE A GHOST.

• AprilAnn Amor-Osborn says:

I just came upon your Graveyard Queen series. I love cemeteries,too. I have read the first two books and now enjoying The Prophet. Thanks for such great reading! Love it and keep them coming.

• Amy says:

Looking for something to read on my kindle, I came across the Restorer. I couldn’t put it down. LOVED IT! I am now about to start The Kingdom. I’m afraid I will read it too fast and then only have one left to read. Keep em coming please!

• Tracy says:

Well, I too love cemeteries. Everywhere I go every chance I get. They tell such stories. Something like this little guy. Great picture

• Christy says:

I have fallen in love with your style! Amelia is wonderful, as is the world you have created for her. I have a special relationship with my daughter through literature. You are our new shared “favorite”. Thank you for giving us a place to connect, who knew Charleston SC would be palace for us to meet (we live in Santa Fe, NM)! Keep up the great work. Your words have strgenthened my relationship with my precious daughter.

Christy–this is one of the most inspiring comments I’ve ever read. I can’t thank you enough for your kind words. I have a daughter, too, and I know how special that bond is and how wonderful it is to share something together, just the two of you. I’ve had a major setback this past year–you may have read about it in one of my other blogs–but I’m back to writing full-time and I hope to have another Graveyard Queen book out by the first of next year.

Thank you again for making my day! 🙂