Feet to the Fire

By September 14, 2014

Now Or Later Signpost Showing Delay Deadlines And UrgencyAs you all know, for reasons beyond my control, I fell way behind on my writing deadlines and I’ve been slow to catch up. So, at the beginning of September, I set some very realistic goals for myself, writing-wise and health-wise.

I walk in the mornings at least four or five times a week and then I come home, sit down at the computer and knock out my word count before I’m allowed to work on anything else. No checking email or Facebook throughout the day until that modest word count is done.

If I keep this up, I should have a clean first draft of The Sinner—the fifth Graveyard Queen book—done by January or shortly thereafter. That will be two Graveyard Queen titles in the can, so to speak, which will be a very good start to the New Year.

I’m putting this out in the universe because it’s time to remove my picture from the dictionary beside the word procrastinator. 🙂

• Jeri says:

Sending positive thoughts your way! I blew through the first 2 Graveyard Queen books in no time flat…now I am (anxiously) awaiting the 3rd book from our inter-loan library system we have here.

Have a great day!

Jerilyn (From Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula)

Thank you!!! I’ll take all the positive thoughts I can get! 🙂

• Jessica says:

You inspire me so much that I made a goal to start writing my own little stories soon. I’m really looking forward to reading more of the Graveyard Queen books. I just finished The Devil’s Footprints and I loved it! I’m reading other books that are similar to your writing genre in order to pass the time until your new books come out. So please stay on track!!! I want more Amanda Stevens!!! 🙂

What a wonderful compliment! Thank you so much. I’ll do my best to stay on track. I know it’ll take some time to build back up my production, but that’s okay. One step at a time. And best of luck with your writing!!!

• Amy says:

I’m rooting for you! Woot! Woot!

• Holly says:

I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Amelia! Such a great series. 🙂

• Heather says:

I love this series! It is so beautifully written and I am so grateful that you have continued to share your gift with us! Thank you!

• Carla says:

I know you can do it! And if you remove your picture from the procrastination section of the picture dictionary, then I guess I will have to remove mine as well. LOL! Can’t wait to read the next book. 🙂

• Julia Blake says:

It’s good to see those positive intentions out in the universe. I’m glad to hear that you’re doing better and things are beginning to flow. I can’t wait to get your new book when it comes out; I’m a big fan of your writing!

Now, it’s time for me to get back to work after flitting around on the internet rather than finishing my own word count for the day.

Julia