Newsletter

By December 13, 2014

AmandaStevens_logo_email400.gifHave you signed up for my newsletter yet? Good time to do so because I plan to have a LOT going on in 2015-2016.

Reason #1: I can give you sneak peeks at covers before I’m allowed to post them.  Take the cover of THE VISITOR for example.  Publication is still a ways off so I can’t post it publicly and it could always change between now and the release date.  But I’d love to share because the concept is so different from the first three covers.  Not as moody and atmospheric, perhaps, but I think more mainstream.  And my name is HUGE!  O_O

Reason #2: I can feed you tidbits about a couple of my secret works-in-progress.  Since these are side projects and I can only work on them in my spare time, I don’t like to say that much about them on public forums.  But I’d love to share milestones and updates with you as they happen, and at some point, I’ll want to recruit those of you willing to read advance copies and give (brutally) honest feedback.

Reason #3: I won’t spam you because I’m not that prolific.  In all my years of writing, I’ve only sent out one newsletter, lol.  But I promise to do better because if Reason #4 comes to pass, a newsletter could be the best and most economical way of sharing news.

Reason #4: Facebook is making changes next year so that posts about book releases, launches and giveaways will be considered advertising and will, therefore, no longer be free. You can read more about these changes at The Write Conversation.

Have I convinced you yet?  Good!  Then scroll down to sign up. 🙂

• B.J. Daniels says:

I definitely want to know what you’re up to. 🙂

• Wendy the Conquerer says:

Please sign me up for your newsletter. 🙂

• Please sign me up for your newsletter. I thought I was but haven’t gotten anything from you so must not be. Thanks!

P.S. – Hurry up and write faster – I loathe being patient! 🙂

I think the mailing list got a little screwy after the website was updated. I’ll add you! You’ll get a confirmation email so that you can opt in or out. 🙂

• Linda Coltharp says:

Me! I want to know what you’re going to be up to. 🙂

• Nancye Tuell says:

Amanda I signed up but haven’t received anything so I don’t know if it worked or not 🙁

• Beverly says:

Ooh! Yes! Sign me up! This is one of my favorite series! 😀

• Dawn Hoffman says:

Yes, please! Sign me up. 🙂

• Carla Lewis says:

Yes! Please sign me up for your newsletter. I would also LOVE to be a Beta Reader for you. I’m excited to hear there will be more awesome novels next year!! 🙂

• Stephanie Johnson says:

Hi Amanda, I’m a new fan.. and I mean new! I started reading The Restorer three weeks ago and I am already drooling for The Visitor. Yes, that’s right. I screamed through The Kingdom, The Prophet and The Abandoned in record time. I also have a tendency to “spread the joy” so to speak. (Or rather, force my obsessions and hobbies on unsuspecting friends). So hopefully you will see more comments here soon.
    Oh yeah, and could you please sign me up for your newsletter? 😉
    Thanks,
    Steph

• Debra Docksader says:

Just signed up! Yes! My name is Debra and I’m an Amanda addict! I would love the opportunity to critique your stories. I graduated with high-honors from Boise State University with a degree in Finance. English Literature came easy to me. I had two great instructors in high-school and college that encouraged me to pursue a degree in journalism. But, I thought I wanted a career in International Finance and banking. Both careers are stressful.
    Now, I’m a grandmother of SIX grandsons, ages 18 to 3. I adopted one grandson after he was abandoned in the hospital by his biological mother (my son’s first child). He is 13 and was diagnosed with autism and infantile syndrome at age 2. He is the happiest and most loving child I know. He has, yet, to develop speech. But we are still hopeful that one day we will find a break-through.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
    Debra Dockstader

Debra–sounds like you have a very busy and lovely life! You must have so much fun with all those grandsons! 🙂

Would love to have you as a reader! I’ll keep in touch and let you know when I have something ready.

• Jerilyn Cole (Jeri) says:

Just a quick hello and Happy Holidays to you and your family. I check in on your site from time to time and have signed up for the newsletter. And – it goes without saying – I am very much looking forward to reading the next installments of the Graveyard Queen series books. I volunteer at our beautiful library and have recently become a Board member – we are starting a book club as well and I am spreading the word on your books!!

Also, thank you for posting my pics of the cemeteries I sent in (I am the one who sent the ones from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and one of the pics has a beautiful view of Mackinac Bridge.) I was so excited I had to show everyone at the Library… 🙂

Happy Holidays and have a wonderful and peaceful New Year. We have a new grand daughter that is so very beautiful… our New Year is starting out PERFECT!!!

A new granddaughter! Congratulations! What a beautiful way to ring in the New Year!

Thank you so much for spreading the word about my books, Jerilyn. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the support. Keep me posted about your book club!

And thank you for the wonderful photos!!!

Happy Holidays!!

• Sally says:

I want to get the newsletter as well, please! I love your mystical writing in the Graveyard series!

• Barbara Terry says:

Love your books…..cannot wait for the visitor!!!!!!

• Karla says:

Hi Amanda! please sing me up to your newsletter. I tried a few weeks ago, but I haven´t recieved anything yet. I love the Grave Queen Series and I want to know more about Amanda’s world and the latest you’ve done 😀

• Michelle Sanders says:

Please sign me up for the newsletter!! I too thought I was already signed up but have not received anything. Can’t wait to see what role mortsafes play in the new book!!

• Beth says:

Just discovered The Graveyard Queen series and can’t wait to read more!

• Martine says:

I can’t wait to find out when The Visitor will hit the shelves! I probably ought to sign up for your newsletter so that I don’t miss it. 🙂

• Nancy Risch says:

Please add me to your newsletter mailing list.

• rebeca mason says:

I love the Grave Queen series. I am a huge fan, and I am looking forward to the next one. I signed up for your newsletter. I like that there is pictures of cemeteries and the information of graveyard symbols. I have learned a lot about graveyards and cemeteries.

Thanks so much! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the series. I’ve learned a lot, too, in my research. The symbolism fascinates me.

• Meigan Ziegler says:

So excited for your new book(s), can’t wait! And yes, I would love to sign up for your newsletter (I tried to find a sign-up link on here, but can’t seem to find one.). I absolutely love all of the graveyard pictures, old graveyards really are fascinating 🙂

No worries! I signed you up! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the new additions to the website. I love having a place to post photos from cemeteries all over the world.

• venus velvet says:

Just signed up, and looking forward to the news about upcoming books. Who needs facebook anyway?

• Veronica says:

Please sign me up for the newsletter too, please. Thank you!

• Sara says:

Please sign me up for the newsletter 🙂

• Sabrina Reese says:

Please sign me up for the newsletter 🙂 Looking forward to reading The Visitor. Your books are great!!!! Thank you

• Deborah says:

Please sign me up. I love your books, which surprised me because I usually avoid anything which remotely scares me like the plague. I never ever watch scary movies. In spite of that, I love your books and have recommended them to others. Looking forward to the next installment.

• Sarah Silbaugh says:

Dying to know what’s going on with The Visitor, please sign me up!

• Karen says:

Hi, Amanda! I may have signed up before; I don’t want to cause any problems for you with duplicate email addresses.
    Four friends and I are very much looking forward to The Visitor, as I had highly recommended all of the previous books to them. Thank you for writing such a terrific series!

I’ll check and see, no problem at all! Thank you so much for helping spread the word. That means so much to me. Hope you and your friends enjoy Amelia’s continuing saga! Hint: lots of dark things in store for her!

• Laura says:

Please add me to your newsletter. I’ve been waiting for the next book in the Graveyard Queen series.

• Dawn Weitzenkamp says:

Please sign me up for your newsletter. I am very much looking forward to seeing what happens next to Amelia and Devlin. I really love that the series is set in Charleston as I am fascinated by that southern culture. Thank you now please get busy writing 🙂

LOTS in store for Amelia and Devlin! 🙂 So glad you’re enjoying the setting. Charleston is such a gem of a city. I can’t wait to go back.

• Saskia says:

Please sign me up! Can’t wait to read “The Visitor” and hope you will visit MBTB again to sign it. Thanks!

• Verito Buelna says:

Hi Amanda! Sign me up, please

• Bri says:

Hi Amanda, I’d love to sign up for your news letter 🙂

• Debbie says:

So excited to see this note from you on Facebook! My daughter and I are both really excited to read The Visitor. We loved all three of the Graveyard Queen books and have been re-reading them in anticipation of the new one. (Also Khristine Hvam’s reading of the books is fantastic for anyone that hasn’t heard the audio versions.)

The Facebook thing is a bummer. Do you have anyone working with you on social media or building your email list? I am by no means an expert but I have some experience with list building and would be happy to volunteer my time to help get the word out and/or create a campaign.

My best wishes to you with your writing–it sounds a little geeky, but I am such a huge fan!

~Debbie.

Not geeky at all!! I love your enthusiasm, Debbie! So happy you and your daughter are enjoying my books and, I agree, Khristine Hvam’s reading is awesome! I don’t have anyone helping me on social media. I pretty much confine my efforts to Facebook and to a lesser extent, Twitter. If you have some tips on how to build a list, I would love to hear them. That’s such a kind offer!

• Lynda Jo says:

Hi Amanda,

I’d love to keep up with your news. Just an observation – a sign-up box is easy and much more convenient for someone instead of scrolling down through your comments. Probably easier for you as well since it’s automatic. Did I miss it? Looked for it a couple of times.

I do have a button, but now I’m worried that it’s hard to see. I put it at the top of the page, but maybe it’s lost in all the other stuff. Thanks for pointing that out. I may have to rethink the location!

• Spazp (Pamela) says:

I thought I was signed up, but now I’m worried I’m not. If you’re able to, can you make sure I’m on your list??? Thank you and great news all around!!! spazp@me.com

• Susan Schoepfer says:

Please add me to your newsletter list thank you.

• Michelle Megown says:

Hi Amanda! Please add me to the newsletter list.

• Jennifer Hancock says:

I can’t wait to see where this year takes you. Each character you develop, and story you craft, captivates my imagination and blessed my life.

• Leslee says:

Please sign me up! Love your books, so creepy and beautiful! 🙂 also if there is any way to put me on a list of reviewers, i review for Night Owl Reviews!

• Ashley says:

I was really excited to see the newsletter! I cannot wait to read the next in TGQ series. Me and several of the other librarians at Derby Library have devoured your books. I will let them know to sign up for the newsletter so we can keep up with your work. 🙂

• Lori Kilbride says:

Please sign me up for your newsletter.

• Karla says:

Hi Amanda, I heven´t received any newsletter yet:(

Did you check your spam box?

ETA: I just checked–you’re on the list. I’m trying to figure out a way to send it to you again.

ETA2: I sent it to you again. Let me know if you still don’t receive it. I’m sorry about this. I’m still trying to learn my way around MailChimp.

• Veronica says:

Hi, I thought I had signed up for the newsletter but I haven’t received an email so I could be wrong. Can I still be added?

• Tammy Broussard says:

Please sign me up! Thank you:)

• Veronica says:

Got the newsletter, thank you! I’m very excited to read more about Amelia and John, but also very interested to see your other new series. They sound awesome too!

• Becca says:

Your newsletter sounds awesome, please sign me up! I’m really looking forward to reading more by you in the near future, both revisiting old favourites and discovering new adventures.

• Darlene says:

I’ve loved your Graveyard Queen series!! Anxiously awaiting the next installment! Please add me to your newsletter mailing list!

• Amanda, so glad to see/hear you’re doing well! Please sign me up for the newsletter as I’m anxiously awaiting your next release! Hope it’s warmer where you are than it is here! 🙂
    Maggie

• Margaret says:

Sign me up. Thank you.

• Lana Bennett says:

Please sign me up for your newsletter! I thought I was but I haven’t received anything, so sign me up again. I would love to be one of your test, beta (whatever you want to call it) readers. I wait on pins and needles for your next books anyway 🙂

• Kelley Mitchell says:

Hi Amanda!

I recently stumbled upon Scribd, which then led me to you 🙂 I’m totally digging the Graveyard Queen series and can’t wait to read more. As a fellow writer (I graduated with my MFA in Creative Writing recently) I would love the opportunity to be a Beta Reader for you. I’m very good at finding holes, questions, and dropped storylines – my fellow writing group can atest to that =P lol

Hope all is well! Do you have a release date yet for the The Visitor?

Thank you, Kelley! I’m glad you found me! I’ll add you to my list of Beta Readers for when the time comes. Hopefully soon! I can always use a sharp eye. 🙂

Congratulations on your recent graduation! That’s awesome!

• Blanca Elizondo says:

Hola, ya he leido los 3 primeros libros de la saga de la reina del sementerio y me han encantado creo q son mis libros favoritos, me encantó la historia no podía dejar de leer, por favor registrame en tu boletin de noticias!!

Muchas gracias! Estoy tan feliz de que haya disfrutado de los tres primeros libros ! El próximo tres tiene algunas sorpresas , así que espero que los disfruten también! 🙂

• Mary Page-Molinar says:

Please subscribe me to your newsletter. Thank you! I cannot get enough…love your books.

• Laura says:

Please sign me up! Can’t wait til your 4th book of the graveyard comes out! Thanks

• Pat Werths says:

Amanda;
    I am so excited to see the progress on the upcoming books…I can’t wait! I LOVE your writing.
    I am not sure that I am signed up for the newsletter….how can I tell?
    Also, I tried to download 3 photos from a recent trip to Magnolia Cemetery, (jpeg) and it won’t let me!

• Pat Werths says:

Ps I would love to be an advance reader or feedback giver, or whatever! Pat Werths

• Laura says:

Please sign me up to your newsletter – I love the graveyard queen books! Thanks

• Aimee Weaverling says:

I would like to sign up for the newsletter. I’ve been very impatiently waiting for the Visitor!

• Lynn S says:

Hi Amanda

Could you please sign me up for your newsletter?

I’m so glad you’re enjoying writing again! I can’t wait to read about Amelia’s next adventures

• Lisa Kassel says:

Please sign me up for your newsletter. Am patiently/impatiently waiting for the next book. Thanks

• Melinda zeise says:

Hi Amanda,
    Please sign me up for your newsletter, I love your books!

• Maggie Johnson says:

Hi Amanda,
    I asked to be signed up for the newsletter but never received anything. Never checked my spam folder though. Could you re-do, please? Thanks so much! Looking forward to the Graveyard Queen’s next installment!!

Yes, I’ll re-add you! You should get an email to confirm and all you need to do is click. I’m running late with Edition 2 of the newsletter. Knee-deep in revisions, but I’ll try to get it out in the next couple of weeks. I’ll give you a heads up when it’s going out so you can check spam folders, etc. 🙂

ETA: Just checked. You are signed up, Maggie. If you don’t get the next one, we’ll figure out what’s going on.

• Cindi Martin says:

Please add me to your email list.

• Patricia says:

Of course I’ll sign up. You are my inspiration Amanda. Thanks for everything you are doing.

LOVE FROM SPAIN.

Thank you, Patricia!!! I just heard that The Visitor will be coming out in Spain! No date yet, but it’s coming! 🙂

• Crystal Lamb says:

Amanda, I want to be notified as soon as any of your new books hit shelves so I can run out and buy them! Will your newsletter let me know? Or can I just check back on your website of Facebook page for dates?

I will post on the website, Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else I can think of! 🙂

I’m mostly using the newsletter to send out information that I’m not yet ready to make public–like a cover or excerpts.

• Carla says:

Hi,
    I would like to receive your newsletter and read all the news about the next books. I love the Graveyard Queen series.

• Emily O'Brien says:

Please sign me up. Love your books!!!!

• Taylor says:

I am a recent fan of your books and can I just say how excited I am to know you have a newsletter (and a new book coming out soon)! Please sign me up for your newsletter. Look forward to hearing new things about you, Amelia, and Devlin! Thanks a bunch 🙂

• Taylor says:

Also, thanks to you & Amelia, I’ve discovered a love for chamomile tea. Now I always have a cup when I settle down to read your stories. It’s my new favorite way to recoup after a long day!

Got you all signed up! You just need to confirm your email address. In the meantime, I’ll forward a copy of the newsletter to you!

• Vicki Haslip says:

I can’t tell you how happy I was to see that your Graveyard series will continue. I have enjoyed your books so much,I have read
    and reread Devlin and Amelia’s story and each time I open the books it is like revisting well loved friends. I hope the series goes on and on I know I will never tire of it. Didn’t know I was a Tapophile but I guess I am. Thanks for my hours of reading pleasure.

From one taphophile to another, thank you so much, Vicki! I really love writing about these characters so I hope to continue the series for a good long time. 🙂