Two Down, One To Go

By March 27, 2015

IMG_0332I’ve neglected my blog terribly these past few months (with good reason; see below) so it’s way past time for a new post.

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you already know that I finished The Sinner, the 5th book in The Graveyard Queen series a couple of weeks ago and now I’m heavy into revisions for both The Visitor and The Sinner. I haven’t blogged in a while because I was determined to meet my deadline and I did!

How much do I love seeing those solid bars in my progress meter! *o/*

As many of you also know, writing has been a struggle for me these past couple of years, but I’m on a creative roll right now and loving it. In fact, I had a light bulb go off while writing The Sinner and I suddenly found myself knee deep in new secrets and new revelations that took the series in a completely unexpected direction. Luckily, I still have time to go back and make a few adjustments in The Visitor to reflect my and Amelia’s epiphanies. For those of you who have asked about Devlin’s background, family, etc…well, get ready. That may be the biggest surprise of all. 😉

I’ll be starting the 6th book at the end of April and I can’t wait to see how all this plays out. Once I ‘m well on my way with that manuscript, release dates should be scheduled and I’ll let you know as soon as I know.

We’ll get more new covers soon, too, and I’ll be sending out the next edition of my newsletter sometime in April. It’ll have excerpts from both The Visitor and The Sinner, and maybe from some of the other projects I have in the works.

So happy spring is here! So happy to be writing! 🙂

• Jeannie Hancock says:

so glad you are writing again….not just for the joy I will get from reading, but knowing you are beginning to feel like yourself again. Your real life story would be an inspiration to so many people, you should seriously consider writing it someday! Love and well wishes from home, here for you always!

Thanks so much, Jeannie. Your support means the world to me. I’m so glad we connected again through Facebook after all these years. 🙂

• Sarah says:

Yay! So excited! Your books are my favorite!

• Andrea says:

Hello Amanda! Glad to read that you are on the right track again! Honestly, I was surprised to read that there were 3 more books belonging to the Graveyard Queen series! I have been searching the 3rd book (The Prophet) throughout Argentina and I can’t still find it! So, I hope the last 3 books will eventually arrive at my country one day! By the way, haven’t you seen pictures of the Recoleta Cemetery in Buenos Aires? You will be delighted! I just love that place. Everytime I go to Capital Federal, I stay there for 2 or 3 hours, looking at every single statue, vault and mausoleum. This cemetery is one of the most beautiful in the world.
    Please, keep writing! 🙂

• Karla says:

*o/* counting the days 🙂

• Carla L says:

I am so excited for you!! I have been waiting (patiently) for the next installments in the series. Okay…maybe not patiently, but I have been waiting. 🙂
    I’m glad you have two down and only one more to go.
    I’m also happy that you have found your way back to writing. I can understand the struggle after what you have gone through and I know that it had to be hard. But us women folk are made from some pretty strong stock and we always pull through. 🙂 We have too, if we left it up to men, the world would fall apart. LOL!
    Can’t wait to read the books and the next newsletter!

Thank you! We ARE strong. And getting back to writing has helped me a lot. It’s good to lose myself in Amelia’s world now and then. 🙂

• carla m nichols ricker says:

Can’t wait for The Visitor and The Sinner….I am so Glad I found you and your books…Thank you….

• venus velvet says:

Great news! So glad for you that you’ve regained your joy in writing, and am looking forward to the new books.

• Maggie Johnson says:

So glad you are able to feel joy again. I look forward to reading and enjoying the fruits of that! Very glad for you! (and us!)

• Cathey says:

I’d “squeeeeeee!!!” but that’s so undignified. SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!

• pat w says:

I am on pins and needles waiting for the new books. I LOVE your descriptions of Charleston, which I visit as often as possible. If you ever need a reader, I am really good at catching typos, etc. Bless you for the joy your writing brings to so many!

• April says:

I am so happy you are writing again. I can’t wait for the release of them. I’ve read a lot of books but yours especially the series I am completely addicted to. Being from Charleston I know you captured it’s beauty on paper. Love these books.

Oh, that is such a wonderful compliment because I love Charleston so much! If I can capture even a little of its beauty and charm, I’m thrilled.

• Melissa says:

So excited! My daughter and I love your books! Bless you for your creative mind. Love the series!

• Pam Michel says:

I didn’t receive the April newsletter with the excerpts from the Visitor and the Sinner. I LOVE the Graveyard Queen series. So thankful you have started writing again.

Pam–I’m so sorry. I’m running late with my newsletter because I’m still finishing revisions on both The Visitor and The Sinner. I will try my best to get it out in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for hanging in there with me! 🙂

• karla says:

So excited for books 4 and 5 of TGQ series and more excited to learn you have your “mojo” back!

• Casey Grubel says:

Oh my goodness!! This is so exciting!! 🙂 I love the series already and didn’t even realize there would be more! Haha yes this is amazing. Thanks for some awesome books! And also thank you for some amazing writing. Your style and skill of writing really inspires me to keep on working on my own style so thank you! Eep I’m so excited haha. It’ll definitely be worth the wait.

Thank you, Casey! I really appreciate your kind words and I’m so thrilled you enjoy the series. I’ve always loved Gothic storytelling so I feel like I’ve finally found my little corner of the writing world. 🙂