Celebrating Milestones and Labor Day

By September 7, 2015

IMG_1364Thirty years ago this month, I sold my first book. That’s three decades of pretty much nonstop writing. Like every writer I know, I’ve had a lot of ups and downs, but since that first sale, I’ve never had another job, never entertained another profession, never once looked back.

Thirty years, sixty books and still more stories to tell. To quote Guillermo del Toro “…to all the monsters in my nursery: May you never leave me alone.”

• kathy gunderson says:

I’m so very proud of you. Talk you up to people all the time.

• kathy gunderson says:

I’m so proud of you. Talk you up to people all the time.

• Awesome! Congrats! Thanks for being an inspiration! Here’s to many more years writing!

Thank you! Never thought of a long-term career when I wrote that first book. I thought I just had one story to tell. 🙂

• BJ says:

Congrats. Glad I got to know you on that path!

• Terri Johnson says:

You are my favorite author, and I read a lot. I bought a Kendal because I missed some of your books and that way I could buy them! I anxiously wait for the next one.

• Jeannie Hancock says:

We are all very proud of you, here in your old hometown! I have spent many happy hours reading all those words 🙂 write on!

• Carla L says:

I’m so very happy, and proud! I hope there are MANY MANY MANY more to come! 🙂 You are an awesome writer and I can’t wait to read the next installment in the “Graveyard Queen” series. (SERIOUSLY, I CAN’T WAIT)

• Lorianna says:

Amanda,
    You are so talented. If anyone was born to write it’s you. To say your life has ups and downs is an understatement. I am in awe of your gift of story telling and of your strength. I pre ordered the Visitor and now it’s gonna be a really slow drag until Spring! 🙂 There’s always room on my bookshelf for you. Right now you’re alphabetized right after Anne Rice. 😉
    I had been following you on Twitter, but social network is just something I’m up for right now. So glad I thought, what the heck and typed in you name on Barnes and Noble. I have never put a book in my shopping cart so fast as I did when I saw that pre order!
    Many Blessings,
    Lorianna

Oh, my goodness, Lorianna, what a wonderful post. Thank you so much for hanging in there with me all this time. I can’t tell you how much that means to me.

I love my placement on your bookshelf. 🙂

• Lynn S says:

Amanda you are an inspiration. I’m an unpublished author and anytime I think I can’t do this (which is a lot!) I read one of your books – sometimes even reading the blurb at the back gives me a boost.

Here’s to another thirty years of awesomeness!

• amanda says:

Thank you so much, Lynn! I really appreciate that. Every time I start a new book, I wonder if I can do it. That’s not an exaggeration. Self-doubt never goes away. I’ve learned to just keep writing through it. We can both do this! 🙂

• Sherry spears says:

Can’t wait to continue the saga. Great writing, it’s like I’m there. 5 stars.