Sleep-writing

By September 23, 2015

The-Burden-of-Dreams_2013_lores1-545x545I seem to be going through a creative phase right now and I always love when that happens. It’s strange because I normally find fall a bit depressing, but the weather has been so beautiful lately. I’ve been spending a lot of time walking the neighborhood and reading by the pool. Maybe all that fresh air sparked something.

By day, I’m working on The Graveyard Queen series while at night, a whole new trilogy has been writing itself in my sleep. It started with an evocative book title that came to me in a dream. When I woke up, I knew I had to figure out what it meant. I’ve been sleep-writing for about a week now as the plot slowly unfolds.

My head is so full of ideas, I feel like the Maggie Taylor painting “The Burden of Dreams.” Except my dreams are kind of awesome right now. 🙂

• kathy gunderson says:

That’s all you are going to say about the series, right? You rascal. I hate this time of year. Glad you can find some creative ideas anyway. Maybe your mind is making you forget it’s fall. Yay!

• Martha says:

I am so excited for read your new project, I’m sure it’s amazing; I’m happy for you.❤

• Lynn says:

I’m so glad your creative juices are flowing. I can’t wait to read your new graveyard queen books, I’m re-reading from the beginning in preparation 😊

• claudia says:

Amanda, where are you and can we exptect anything on audible… It my BEST surest way to be able to “hear” my fav authors creations. I listen EVERY chance I get… on my way to and from work…as I am laying down waiting for sleep to take me.. Im sure you get the pic. I SO LOVE your books and I cant wait to see what your mind and talent has come to.. whats in store for Audible? I anxiously await your next AMAZING read!

Thanks, Claudia!! I hope the next books are available on Audible! The Visitor will be out in April, followed by The Sinner in October. 🙂

Hi Claudia–I’ve been out of commission for a bit while I finished The Sinner and then getting the new site built. I’m almost certain the news books will be available on Audible. I don’t have word yet, but I’ll keep you posted.

• claudia says:

ok so I wanted to mention I am a Houston gal as well!

• Morgannah says:

I absolutely can NOT wait for the new Graveyard Queen books. The anticipation is killing me. One of my groups on GoodReads is doing a reread of the series to get ready. Is there any way I could get my hands on an ARC for review purposes?