So What’s Next…

By April 20, 2017

It’s been awhile since I posted so I figured I’d best catch everyone up on what’s going on in my little writing world.  I’m currently finishing up the second book of an old Intrigue contract that I signed before I wrote The Graveyard Queen series.  Needless to say, I’m a little late with those books, haha.

These are romantic-suspense stories of 50,000 to 55,000 words so a fast-paced read.  The first is entitled Pine Lake and will be out in October of this year.  It was a super fun book to write.  I really enjoyed going back to my RS roots.  The second will be out in early 2017 and is tentatively title Whispering Springs.  I just finished a short story for a Southern gothic anthology that will also be out in October.  This is paranormal/soft horror with a Graveyard Queen vibe.  The short story is kind of an introduction to the new series.  I’m hoping to have the first book out by the end of this year or the first part of next.  So I’ve got some irons in the fire.

In my spare time, I’ve been gardening up a storm and binging on Burn Notice, of all things. Mindless entertainment is kind of my speed right now.  My kitty-cats are fat and sassy except for Lola, who is teeny tiny, but the sassiest of them all.

• Kimberly says:

I absolutely loved the Graveyard Queen series. Any possibility you will write anything more on Devlin and Amelia and Freya? I would have loved to hear some reaction from Devlin when he found out Amelia was pregnant.

Hi Kimberly–I don’t have anything else in the works, but I’m not ruling it out. I like the idea of doing something in Devlin’s POV.

• Esther Crowe says:

Will there be another Graveyard Queen book?

There is not another one scheduled, but I may do something down the line. I have a specific scene in mind involving Amelia and Freya. 🙂

• Karen Jagow says:

Hi Amanda I have 3 of the Graveyard Queen books and getting the rest of them. I haven’t started reading them yet, I was wondering if they have to be read in any certain order? I love paranormal reads!!

• Elizabeth Hoood says:

Hi, Amanda,

Like Kimberly has written above, it would be great to hear some reaction, from Devlin about Amelia being pregnant.

Kind regards
    Elizabeth

• Dani says:

I love your writing style and the way that it just connects… You’re awesome! I look forward your next books… The Graveyard Queen are on my favorites shelf. 🙂

• Annie says:

HI Amanda I am a huge fan of The Graveyard Queen Series so when I heard the last book was the end, I was surprised. The series feels incomplete? Wasn’t there going to be a quest for the key? I feel like I missed something 🙁 what about that dark being that keeps following Amelia and appeared in last book?

I had two more books in mind, but the publisher didn’t want anymore so I had to wrap things up as best I could in The Awakening. I may do the stories on my own at some point, but that’s why for right now there are still unanswered questions.

• Cindy Griffis says:

Amanda,
    I love the Graveyard Queen series! I have read them all and like the others have asked, please, please continue the series. I would love to see Amelia and Devlin get married and see if Freya inherits her mother’s gifts. Also, will Devlin embrace hone his own abilities.
    Thanks Amanda for all the hours of reading enjoyment you have given me. God bless you!

• Maddy says:

Hi Amanda,

I think your books are wonderful! You made me fall in love with Charleston, and I’ve never even been there! 🙂 A question for you: who are your favourite authors/books? Are there any who inspire your own writing?

Looking forward to your next book!

Thanks very much.

Hi Maddy–Thank you! Charleston is one of my favorite cities so I hope I did justice to it! 🙂 The books that have inspired me the most are the old Gothic romances–Mary Stewart, Phyllis A. Whitney and Victoria Holt. They were all masters at creating mood and atmosphere. I’ve always loved Dean Koontz and Charlaine Harris’s Harper Connelly series. Tropic of Night by Michael Gruber. So many!

• Sarah says:

I just finished The Awakening! I loved the ending and am so sad the series is over! It would be so interesting to see what Amelia’s daughter would be like! Would she have the gift too? So many questions! Your books are so unique and loved all the graveyard info, and usually I don’t get scared reading books, but this one got creepy and got to me!

Thank you so much, Sarah! I’ve been thinking lately that I might like to do at least some Graveyard Queen novellas to kind of round out the series. Maybe I just don’t want to say goodbye to the characters yet. 🙂

• Jim Huhn says:

I lost track of the Graveyard Queen Series for a couple of years, but imagine my happy surprise and finding books 5 and 6 ready for me. I promptly downloaded the audible books and did nonstop listens to both. Outstanding. Thank you for writing them. And in my opinion, the narrator for this series was absolutely perfect. I guarantee that if you write more to continue the series, I will buy and listen. And I hope nobody ever comes and knocks on my door after dark.

Thank you, Jim! I agree about the narrator. She’s fabulous! I’ll keep you posted about new Graveyard Queen stories!

• DIANE CADIEUX says:

Hello Amanda

You are my favorite writer I love the Graveyard Queen series, please don’t stop the series I would be just sad. I always look forward of reading your books.

• Briana Lambert says:

I adore The Graveyard Queen series. Having lived all of my life in cities surrounding Charleston (Georgetown and Columbia) and visiting Charleston each summer, I have truly enjoyed reading this series. As I’m reading, I always smile and think “I know where that is!” Also, my grandmother has had me helping her take care of the cemetery that my family is buried at since I was a small child so that just added to my love for Amelia’s profession!!! 🙂

I truly hope that you are able to continue with Amelia and Devlin’s story.

I think on my next Charleston visit I’ll swing by Magnolia Cemetery and have a look around!!! LOL

Thank you for providing great stories for your readers!!!

• Gail Heron Sterling says:

I was lucky in that all the books were written (except The Awakening) when I started reading this series at the recommendation of an author friend of mine. It drew me in immediately – so deeply that it surprised me, but I was IN and there was no going back. The characters are brilliantly drawn, along with the locations. I feel let down that there might be an end – I read The Awakening the minute it was available. It is amazing the way you drew the reader so deeply into the stories. It is otherworldly. So hoping that your hints of further books will come true. You have an audience for this series. Please write more – I think there is much more to say. I am going to start reading other books of yours based on this series. I really appreciate your talent as a writer and am grateful to my friend for recommending this series to me.

• Pamela Tracy says:

I’m waving my hand that I want more Graveyard Queen books.

• Natalie says:

I absolutely adore The Graveyard Queen series and have been keeping my eyes open for what I hoped would be another book in the series this fall. Seems like there is just so much more in store for these characters. I read one of your earlier comments in which you shared your publisher wasn’t in support of more Graveyard Queen books. Would it be worthwhile for your fans to reach out to your publisher on our interest for the series to continue? If so, just share the email address. Would be happy to voice my desire to read much more about Amelia and Devlin!

That is so nice of you, Natalie!! I can’t tell you how much your support means to me. At this point, I would probably just as soon publish the books on my own. That way I can have free creative control on content and covers. I could even get reader input on which characters/stories they’d like to revisit. Let’s talk more about this at the start of the new year. I have 2 more Intrigues under contract that I have to write first. 🙂

• Pamela L. Andersen says:

Amanda,
    What was your publisher thinking!!!! No more Devlin and Amelia. I’ve reread the series twice now and some scenes multiple times. I’ve been married to the same man for 40 years now and I think I love Devlin as well. In my mind’s eye I see Liev Schreiber as Devlin and I don’t know who as Amelia. Please do listen to your fans and do more Graveyard Queen books. Find another publisher or should we all start a write-in campaign to the company?

Thank you, Pamela! The beauty about publishing these days is that I can always bring out books on my own. Right now, I’m writing a few more Intrigues that I have under contract, but then I’m seriously considering more Graveyard Queen books. There are still so many stories to tell in that series. Was just talking up thread about Asher Falls and Thane Asher. Would love to revisit him. 🙂